MongoDB 4.2.7-rc1 is out and is ready for testing. This is a release candidate containing only fixes since 4.2.6. The next stable release 4.2.7 will be a recommended upgrade for all 4.2 users.
Fixed in this release:
- SERVER-47553 mongos crashes due to client disconnecting when signing keys being refreshed
- SERVER-46487 The mongos routing for scatter/gather ops can have unbounded latency
- SERVER-47190 Shutdown command with force:true should ignore all stepdown errors
- SERVER-38731 Ability to specify sync source read preference in initial sync
- WT-5242 Minimize checkpoints pinned during backup
As always, please let us know of any issues.
– The MongoDB Team