Mongod was not started by the correct user - remember NOT to run mongod as root

Getting this issue - so if I fork the process, do I need a new command window to run the validation? Is there an alternative way to validate?

vagrant@m103:~ sudo mongod --config /shared/mongod.conf about to fork child process, waiting until server is ready for connections. forked process: 7294 child process started successfully, parent exiting vagrant@m103:~ validate_lab_different_logpath
Mongod was not started by the correct user - remember NOT to run mongod as root.

Config is setup according to instructions - when I try to login via a second command window with the admin user - it errors. Do i need to create the user again for the admin of the fork?

Hi @tedboosalis,

No need of using sudo here. Please run the mongod command without it and it should resolve your issue.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

No still an issue. I restarted the service and still an issue.

vagrant@m103:~ mongod --config /shared/mongod.conf about to fork child process, waiting until server is ready for connections. forked process: 7672 ERROR: child process failed, exited with error number 51 To see additional information in this output, start without the "--fork" option. vagrant@m103:~ mongod --config /shared/mongod.conf
Aborted (core dumped)

I changed the config to not use the fork option.

Fixed - that was strange but I removed all data files, reset the /var/mongodb directory and assigned access to vagrant - then i was able to make it work as advertised. it may have been a permissions issue.