'mongo' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Hi,
After loading 4.0 version of Mongo and editing the environment variable, at cmd line , getting error : ‘mongo’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, …

Seems like PATH problem
Did you try to invoke mongo from mongo/bin dir or giving full path and check if it is working or not
May be path setting did not get saved?
What does your path show
Should show like below

C:\Users\ramrt\M001>path
PATH=C:\Program Files\MongoDB\Server\4.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel®

Please review screen shots attached, for error. Unable to execute mongo command from shell in Wndows 10.
Please advise.

a
just like this and i think you should be fine.

make sure to you run ‘mongod’ before ‘mongo’ on your terminal( powershell ) after making your environmental variables like mine.

I did try the above , but will try again after running ‘mongod’.

Same issue with mongod. Getting error as in screen shot.

Do i nee toadd all the paths as in your last example ? I am new to this please advise.

Just a correction :“Do I need to add all the paths as in you last example ?” Also i do not have nodejs installed ?

Thanks !

Connected Thanks !

no you dont have to,those are my other programs. Just add the one that contains mongo and mongod execution path.

What if you tried removing the ; at the end of your variable. Those are only needed if you add it to the string of paths in for example older windows versions who do not show a list of the paths but as 1 line of paths seperated by ; .