Maven plugin errors

Hello I was trying to import the mflix project into STS IDE, but I am getting the following errors in regards the Maven plugins. I wonder if anybody else is getting the same errors as shown below.

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder ‘Maven Project Builder’ on project ‘mflix’.
Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6

1 Like

@Eduardo_14841,

This appears to be a network issue connecting to maven central.

Can you run the command mvn compile from your preferred shell or terminal and let us know what the result of that is?

I used mvn compile and it worked fine with “BUILD SUCCESS” message at the end, I have also made it to work with STS IDE using the following steps.
Right click on project.
Select Maven.
Update project.
Select checkbox “Force Update of Snapshots/Releases”
Click ok.

These steps will do it.

Thanks!

2 Likes