M121 Aggregation Pipeline Test

It is really sad that the first two questions on the test go over items that aren’t even covered in the course material or are vague at best.

Fails and incorrect are both the same… So… What is meant in the distinction of fail and incorrect? If it is incorrect it fails… if it fails it is incorrect. Very poor wording of the potential answers.

Question one talks about the $geoNear… I went back into the course and I didn’t see any detailed description of the geoNear operator… I may have missed it, but I didn’t see it. I looked it up in the MongoDB Docs and there is no mention of the ability to project or not project… So… Again Frustrating

I was also under the impression from the documentation that you can only have one $facet stage… Is this correct or not? From MongoDB documentation on $facets:

Other aggregation stages can also be used with $facet with the following exceptions:

$collStats
$facet
$geoNear
$indexStats
$out
$merge
$planCacheStats

So… Again really confusing when it comes to the test.

Question 2
Again bad use of the word fail and incorrect. This is just plain frustrating.

Gave up on question 7 cause I have no chance of passing… Will just retake the course when it is available for retake.

Hi @David_Thompson :wave: , thank you for your feedback and suggestions :100:.

I have internally forwarded these suggestions to the appropriate team, and we will keep all these points into consideration while revamping the course.
Given the limited duration of the course, it is not possible to cover all the operators/stages for us, but we’ll try our best to cover as many as possible.
In case you haven’t been to our awesome documentation on Aggregation, I would recommend you to please have a look at: Aggregation Pipeline Stages & Aggregation Pipeline Operators.

As always, in case you have any doubts, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer

Well… I think I need to apologize for my “rant”, I was frustrated because I thought I understood aggregations… LOL I actually passed the course, although not with the grade I wanted, but a pass is a pass…

I understand that you cannot go over all the operators… But tests should be written to ensure that the material tested is covered at some point… Just my military instructor coming out … LOL

It really is a good course and while the lack of hand holding is frustrating at times, it really is the best way to teach the course… It forces one to start to read and put together the teaching points…

Thanks for the links… I will bookmark them and read!!! again… thanks for listening.

1 Like

Hi @David_Thompson :wave:,
We understand, no worries :slightly_smiling_face:.
And we really appreciate your feedback. In case you have any further feedback/suggestions for us, please note we are all ears and would be more than happy to make the overall course experience even better for our learners.

Thanks and Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer