M103 Lab 1 Launching Mongod Failed [FAIL] "The server is running on localhost:27000" [Solved ]

Please revise the lesson where the IDE is presented. You missed some fundamental information as you entered the command in the file editor area rather than the terminal area.

I tried in my shell too.
mongod --port 27000 connected to port
opened new command window and tried

mongo
MongoDB shell version v4.2.2
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?compressors=disabled&gssapiServiceName=mongodb
2020-09-03T16:24:49.806+0400 E QUERY [js] Error: couldn’t connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017, connection attempt failed: SocketException: Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:27017 :: caused by :: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:341:17
@(connect):2:6
2020-09-03T16:24:49.808+0400 F - [main] exception: connect failed
2020-09-03T16:24:49.808+0400 E - [main] exiting with code 1

Also in the lab the question is,
Launch your own mongod process in the IDE terminal

1. From your IDE terminal, launch a mongod instance that listens for connections on port 27000 .If you run into any issues, you can always type Ctrl-C in the terminal where mongod is running to stop it. Then you can restart it with a new configuration.When the process is running, you can open a new tab in the IDE to use the Mongo shell, but this is optional for this assignment.
  2. Once you’ve run the proper commands, click “Run Tests” to run a suite of tests that will check the configuration of mongod. The results of these tests will let you know which steps you’ve yet to complete.

Here where is the point mentioned to use terminal ???

Loud and clear.

Screenshot of this new command window.

This lab is about starting mongod. Then why you start mongo?

Forget the steps i did, can you please simply tell the steps to do

if IDE terminal is my command terminal ,then what is the purpose of this browser IDE, it is confusing because from chapter 0 of this course, IDE is explained as browser IDE

,I have tried mongod --port 27000 in command terminal , what command do i need to run test in broswer IDE

Simply run the command

mongod --port 27000

in the terminal area of the IDE. The terminal area of the IDE has nothing to do with your command terminal. That is why I recommended you to revise the lesson where the IDE is introduced. You are missing some fundamental concepts.

Because it is an IDE that runs in your web browser.

Again it came back to the step where this conversation started :slight_smile: , i run the command mongod --port 27000 in browser IDE and the error screen shot I shared…1 total, 0 passed, 0 skipped:
[FAIL] “The server is running on localhost:27000”

Hmm… looks like something’s not quite right.
To correctly launch your mongod instance, fill in these blanks:

After that you advised

Please revise the lesson where the IDE is presented. You missed some fundamental information as you entered the command in the file editor area rather than the terminal area.

I don’t understand what fundamental information i am missing , anyway i appreciate for your replies

1 Like

PLease post screenshot.

the same first screenshot of this conversation

The area where you entered mongod --port 27000 is the file editing area of the browser IDE as defined in the IDE presentation. So my original recommendation still stands.

In the browser IDE screenshot you posted, there is something that looks like a tab where Terminal 0 is written. This is the terminal area of the browser IDE. If you click on that tab, you will find a command prompt. This is where you enter the commands.

1 Like

Run Test will show the same screen

As in any terminal, command window, shell, …, you must press the [ENTER] key to submit the command to the interpreter. Otherwise no one knows when you have finished entering the command.

2 Likes

That was the problem, finally resolved !!! ,Thank you very much for your time and help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is wonderful :herb: