M103-csrs config file

Why does the config file used in the lecture have as the sharding item in mongos.conf:

sharding:
configDB: m103-csrs/192.168.103.100:26001,192.168.103.100:26002,192.168.103.100:26003

Whereas in the lab we have:

sharding:
configDB: m103-csrs/192.168.103.100:26001

If we connect to port 26001 as single node it becomes primary and the other nodes come up automatically?

Howard

The minimum requirement in the documentation states to list at least one member, but it’s best to list all the members for better discoverability.

1 Like

Thank you. I saw in the lectures that it was mentioned in another context.

Howard

Dear Sir,

I was close to finished on chapter 3 of Basic Cluster Administration (80/96 items). I executed Vagrant destroy not realizing that the entire virtual machine
self-destructed and resurrected itself without any data. I was not able to recreate the files and directories I needed and will not be able to finish the chapter by tomorrow. I was going to re-register. Will I lose all of the credit and will I need to start
from scratch again?

Thanks

Howard

I believe that in all cases, you will need to start from scratch. But let’s see what @Shubham_Ranjan (the Curriculum Support Engineer for this course) says.

Did you not create all your config files in the shared folder? If you did, then here’s a set of scripts that you can copy, paste and run… it will create all the folders and keyfile for you, and all you have to do is startup the mongod/s:

sudo rm -r /var/mongodb
sudo mkdir -p /var/mongodb/pki/
sudo chown -R vagrant:vagrant /var/mongodb/
openssl rand -base64 741 > /var/mongodb/pki/m103-keyfile
chmod 400 /var/mongodb/pki/m103-keyfile
mkdir -p /var/mongodb/db/{1,2,3,4,5,6,csrs1,csrs2,csrs3}

If I need to, I’ll retake the course. It is very good and I’m in no hurry. If anything can be done, let me know.

Thank you very much.

I found that creating the files was easier than getting some of them to work properly.

Thank you again.

Howard

Hi @Howard_84497,

Unfortunately at the moment, we cannot transfer the credits from one offering of a course to another offering. If you are registering for another offering then you will have to do the labs again in order to get the grades.

And yes, the labs in later chapter has some dependency on the work that you have done in the previous labs.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

It’s not such a bad thing to redo the lessons. It reinforces the material.

I do plan to re-register.

Thanks

Howard