M001: Unable to see Schema Tab #347

Installed 1.19.12 (Stable). All other Compass functionality seems to be present. How long has the condition noted in the Chapter 1 “Exploring Datasets in Compass” been there? Any idea when this will be fixed? Thank you.

If you have installed stable version you should be able to see the schema option

https://www.mongodb.com/download-center/compass?jmp=docs

Hi @Paul_Brugger_23002,

As @Ramachandra_37567 mentioned, please make sure you have downloaded the 1.19.12 (Stable) version of Compass.

Thanks for surfacing this. The issue has been resolved in the newer version of Compass. We will remove the note very shortly from the lecture notes.

If you still have any query then please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Why are you telling me what it should do? I know what it should do. It is not doing it.
2 1

As you can see from the images, I did download and install the stable version and there is no schema tab.

If you do not know how to solve this, then please refer me to an engineer that does know.

I cannot complete the course if I cannot see the schemas.

@Paul_Brugger_23002 I can understand your frustration but the Curriculum Support Engineers are here to help, and without fee. They are all very competent and support more advanced courses than this.

It’s clear from the Help screen that what you have running is the 1.19.12 Community Edition Stable version. This version does not have the Schema tab.
What you need to open is the 1.19.12 Stable version. This version has the Schema tab.

There’s a possibility that you have two versions running which can cause confusion. I suggest that you find all installed versions of compass and uninstall them, then download and install the 1.19.12 Stable version, not Community Edition Stable. See below:

Thank you for your suggestion. I did install the community version about six months ago. I uninstalled before my download. I downloaded and installed the stable version. But I could see no schema tab and posted this. Today I uninstalled per your suggestion, then I reinstalled but the dialog now had repair/remove options. I removed. Then I reinstalled. Help, About now says just 1.19.12 and I can see a schema tab. So perhaps some remnant of the community version persisted and caused my problems. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Thanks @007_jb for your contribution.

Hi @Paul_Brugger_23002,

I’m glad your issue got resolved. If you have any other query then please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer