M001 Create Organization

I am not seeing an option to create an organization. I am already in an organization and do not want to leave. Is there a way to have multiple organizations?

Welcome to the community!

Just create a project under your existing organization and proceed with creation of cluster

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I do not think this will work. The organization I am apart of is a real active environment. I do not think cluttering the organizations projects is the best idea.

Hi @Griffin_Rades,

I am not seeing an option to create an organization.

Please check out the Create an Organization Atlas documentation.

Alternatively to step 1 in the above documentation, you can also click your name on the top right corner of the Atlas UI to expand a drop down menu and then select Organizations as shown in the example below (in the red box):

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Jason

2 Likes

This also tripped me up, as I signed up for Atlas before enrolling in the University and thus was already in an organization. It would be great if the instructions here https://university.mongodb.com/mercury/M001/2021_April_13/chapter/Chapter_1_What_is_MongoDB_/lesson/5f32deb504e9ffc01ac9586c/problem had two “paths”… one for those brand new to Atlas, and one for those who already have a login.

1 Like

Hi @webchick , thank you so much for pointing this out, I have escalated this issue to the appropriate channel. Please be rest assured that our team is working on it and we will try our best to fix it as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, if you have any doubts please feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks. Regards.
Sourabh Bagrecha,
Curriculum Services Engineer.