The like button is a way to show your agreement, support, and interest in another user’s post.
To like a post:
- Click the heart button underneath a post.
The Like button has the following rules:
- Likes are public, meaning they show up to the entire community.
- When you like a post, your name is linked to the post, and other users can see your activity.
- Your profile tracks all the posts that you have liked so that you can go back to the posts in the future.
- The first like on a post sends an automatic notification to the post’s author.
- You are unable to like your own post.
- You can only like a post once.
- You can unlike a post, which removes your association with the post.
Likes are an essential element to the MongoDB Community. They can change the rank of a post and are a quick and efficient way to return to posts that you enjoyed previously. Likes also keep threads clean of one-word posts that express support for a topic. Instead of showing support or interest by posting a short response, please use the like button instead.