Libsasl2.so.2: no version information available

I am getting an error when running the mongo enterprise shell:

/opt/mongoent/bin/mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl -u m121 -p aggregations --norc
/opt/mongoent/bin/mongo: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /opt/mongoent/bin/mongo)
/opt/mongoent/bin/mongo: relocation error: /opt/mongoent/bin/mongo: symbol SSLv3_method version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file libssl.so.1.0.0 with link time reference

I am trying to fix it but have no luck. Has anybody found this error and have a solution?

@mr_jimmybob

What OS and version are you using, and how did you install MongoDB? If you can give me more information, I’ll try to help. Good luck.

Sorry for the delay. Missed last deadlines and hooked up on a new schedule.

I have Manjaro Linux, that is based on Arch linux.

I have got it working now, so I will just say what I did.

This is what I have:
Linux DeepThought 4.19.49-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jun 9 20:24:20 UTC 2019 x86_64 GNU/Linux

As there is no release specifically for Arch Linux, I think I was using an Ubuntu build.

What DID WORK for me, is using the Debian 8 or 9 (both worked fine) TGZ version of the Enterprise Server download package.

Now the connection works fine.

Thanks for everything.
Have fun, Mark.

@mr_jimmybob

Glad you got it working – I’ve never heard of Manjaro Linux before and haven’t installed Arch Linux myself, although I use it. Thanks for the update and good luck with the course.