Lesson to Practical Mismatch

After trying several options on the internet, discussion forum, I think have reached a point where I feel there are just to many errors between lesson videos and labs. If you follow exactly what the tutorials teach then try a lab you run into a myriad of errors. That’s the most frustrating point. I have reached a point where I dont trust the tutorials anymore!!! You get a solution to one error only to have a new error.

The video tutorial uses mongo version 3.6… we are now using version 4.4. I will be tested using current version and yet the official lessons are from a lower version. In short I give up on using the lessons here as a basis for exam. From now onwards will use the method below;

1. Read the exam guide.
  2. Read the documentation.
  3. Download free json files for practice.
  4. Read a book and practice what I read.
  5. Build sample applications based on what I learn.

Au revoir MongoDB university!!!

Hi @Tumayi_Comfort_Nyamakura,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

It would have been better if you would have asked these questions in the discussion forum. We are here to help you.

We are currently in the process of updating this course and very soon we will have a new course. In the meantime, if there is anything specific that you are struggling with then please let us know and we would be more than happy to help you.