Lecture: Logging Basics Lecture using Atlas

Hello
So I have been using atlas and learning to use mongodb. I decided to take these course, but I don’t think they can be used with an Atlas cluster. I am running the cluster in the shell, and trying to follow lessons and I keep getting errors like these ones:
uncaught exception: Error: command failed: {
“ok” : 0,
“errmsg” : “CMD_NOT_ALLOWED: profile”,
“code” : 8000,
“codeName” : “AtlasError”
}
What do you guys recommend as I want to continue learning, but I don’t know if the Basic Cluster Admn is totally separate from having an Atlas Cluster?

Please revise the first few lessons. It is clear that Basic Cluster Admin is not related to Atlas. What made you think it is related?

Hi @Gabriel_Martinez,

Please use the In-browser IDE environment for completing the labs. You cannot use Atlas as a substitute for IDE environment in this course.

Hope it helps!

~ Shubham

As I have an Atlas account already, I am still trying to understand things. And if i could also get some useful information from this section to apply to Atlas, but now I see its not going to be possible.

Hi @Gabriel_Martinez,

I think if you really want to get some hands on experience in MongoDB Basics Cluster Administration then you should spin up your own replica set and set up the sharding environment.

~ Shubham