Lab Shard a Collection

This is by no means a new issue, but as I have found no answer other than to keep running the validation script until it works, I am posting my own. I keep getting “No documents found in m103.products - make sure you import the dataset into the
‘products’ collection in the ‘m103’ database.” even though they are definitely there. I have dropped and re-loaded the data more times than I can count, I have shutdown all of the servers, the vm, the computer, rebooted everything, and still the same error. The primary shard is m103-repl as you can see in the screen shot below. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Finally got it to work by, you guessed it, running the validation script many, many times. This is maddening, and ridiculous frankly. someone needs to fix this validation script, or whatever is the problem. I’ve now spent hours chasing my tail trying to get this to work, when the answer truly is to run the script till it works. Unacceptable.

Lot of time wasted on this
No clue why it is not validating
Others suggested opening a new vagrant shell and try
I did all that still it fails
vagrant@m103:/dataset$ date
Mon Jan 28 03:13:45 UTC 2019
vagrant@m103:/dataset$ validate_lab_shard_collection

Incorrect number of documents imported - make sure you import the entire
dataset.

dataset.
vagrant@m103:/dataset$

If my setup is wrong next lab would have failed but it went fine so i don’t see any issue with my load

from another vagrant shell same issue
vagrant@m103:/dataset$ date
Mon Jan 28 03:13:45 UTC 2019

dataset.

dataset.
vagrant@m103:/dataset$

1 Like

Hi Ramachandra how did you eventually solve this?

This is a two months old thread.
Always create a new thread or update in a latest running thread with similar issue to get faster response

I repeated load steps with drop option
Please check this

Validate_lab_shard_collection - stating a wrong error