Lab - Remove and Re-Add a Node / hostname m103 is not bound?

Hi,

Okay, I managed to do remove and add and I have doubt if it is working or not. The m103 hostname doesn’t seem to be bound :frowning: FYI, I did the remove and add for NODE2.

Every so often, I am getting the following:

2019-04-21T12:33:36.271+0000 W NETWORK [ReplicaSetMonitor-TaskExecutor-0] Failed to connect to 127.0.1.1:27002, in(checking socket for error after poll), reason: Connection refused

ping m103 gives.

vagrant@m103:~ ping m103 PING m103.mongodb.university (127.0.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from m103.mongodb.university (127.0.1.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.07 ms 64 bytes from m103.mongodb.university (127.0.1.1): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.253 ms 64 bytes from m103.mongodb.university (127.0.1.1): icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.119 ms ^C --- m103.mongodb.university ping statistics --- 3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 1999ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.119/0.482/1.075/0.423 ms vagrant@m103:~ nslookup m103
Server: 10.0.2.3
Address: 10.0.2.3#53

** server can’t find m103: NXDOMAIN

The validate script gives a pass though but I think something is amiss with the m103. Is there a step I missed that is supposed to have bound that host to 192.168.103.100?

Not sure if the following helps.

vagrant@m103:~$ cat /etc/hosts

127.0.1.1 m103.mongodb.university m103
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
192.168.103.100 m103 m103
vagrant@m103:~$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)

DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND – YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

nameserver 10.0.2.3
search hub
vagrant@m103:~$

Should I be removing and updatng this line on the /etc/hosts file to 192.168.103.100??

127.0.1.1 m103.mongodb.university m103

I saw another entry in the /etc/hosts file below;

192.168.103.100 m103 m103

127.0.1.1 should be 127.0.0.1
Please try to modify /etc/hosts and check

I actually already has a 127.0.0.1

Please update this line
127.0.1.1 m103.mongodb.university m103

I don’t see additional entry you mentioned in your output

Hi,

Under that is already a 127.0.0.1.
I disabled 127.0.1.1 instead.
All looks good now and updated the 192.168.103.100 to have the university one and a non-university one.

vagrant@m103:~ vagrant@m103:~ date
Sun Apr 21 12:57:57 UTC 2019
vagrant@m103:~ ping m103 PING m103 (192.168.103.100) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from m103 (192.168.103.100): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.107 ms 64 bytes from m103 (192.168.103.100): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=2.40 ms ^C --- m103 ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1005ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.107/1.257/2.408/1.151 ms vagrant@m103:~ date
Sun Apr 21 12:58:02 UTC 2019
vagrant@m103:~ vagrant@m103:~