Lab - Detect Scatter Gather Queries - Query2 ERROR

I really don´t know why i can run without a problem the query 1, it returns me an answer. But when i do query 2 it sends me this error:

Does anyone have a solution or idea why do i get this error?
Thanks in advance…

Hi @Raul_10566,

Are you still struck with the same issue?

As I can check you have completed the lab, can you please share what went wrong here?

Thanks,
Sonali

Hello @Sonali_Mamgain,

Sorry for late reply, cuz i’m on “vacation mode” without taking a course this week :stuck_out_tongue:

Still stuck with same problem, i finished the lab but couldn’t get all the job done.
I was thinking o changing the IP Address instead of the hostname “m103:27003” but still same result…

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi @Raul_10566,

One of the possible reason why you are not able to run this query could be that all of your clusters in the shard are not online. Sometimes due to resource starvation, the operating system kernel may kill some processes. I would recommend you restart all of your clusters in the shard that are offline and you should be able to execute the query.

To see the list of mongod processes currently running on your system use the following command :

For Windows :

tasklist /v |find “mongod.exe”

After executing this command you should be able to see all the mongod processes running on your system.

For Mac :

ps -ef | grep mongod | grep -v grep

Find out the clusters that are offline to restart them and then run the query.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

Hello @Shubham_13709,

You were right about “all my clusters in the shard are not online” But the factor was due to my fault, not to a resource problem of the operating system kernel killing some mongod processes.
Feel a little bit embarrased replying at this time, but need to have it crystal clear in case someone else fall in this “error”

The picture i attached clearly shows that i missed 3 of the sharded servers (when using your command to see all mongod processes) to run in a good way query 1 and query 2, that is the root cause of my problem.

When running your command (ps -ef | grep mongod | grep -v grep) the second time it appears all 9 servers running without any problem.

Sorry and thank you for quick responses as yours!
Raul.