[Lab: Deploy a Sharded Cluster] can't connect to mongos

Hello :slight_smile:
Well I’m trying to run the mongos process but it doesn’t wan’t to work and I don’t know why.

I have edited the config file ( in accordance with the lab instructions) and I can’t guess where is my error…

mongos

Thanks !

Hi @S_jb,

Please check the name of the config server replica set. It is csrs and not m103-csrs.

Let us know if you are still facing any issue.

~ Shubham

i am also facing same issue but i have mentioned correct configuration server please check the screenshot and recert.

You should see the line child process started successfully, parent exiting and then the shell prompt again.

Please post the last lines of the configuration file

In addition to steevej-1495 reply why you are using 192… IP? if you are using IDE for this course
Shubham_Ranjan note clearly says use localhost

1 Like

Hi @nakeeran_Saravanan,

The mongos process is supposed to be running on port 26000 and not on port 27000.

~ Shubham

I have mentioned that i even tried to run mongos on 26000 port still facing same issue i have also attached the. Screen short for your reference.

I only see the screenshot for you run at 27000. Please post the screenshot while trying to run on 26000 and localhost. That’s what the lab specify and that’s what we gonna help you with.

Thanks for your time, Sorry for posting same question in multiple thread.Though you reply don’t post same question in multipe threads you missed out the information in the thread. No worries please find the screenshot for your reference : Even though i run mongos at 26000 i face the same issue that is the reason this question.

Please find the complete instruction in the configuration file below:
sharding:
configDB: csrs/192.168.103.100:27004,192.168.103.100:27005,192.168.103.100:27006
security:
keyFile: /var/mongodb/pki/m103-keyfile
net:
bindIp: localhost
port: 26000
systemLog:
destination: file
path: /var/mongodb/logs/mongos.log
logAppend: true
processManagement:
fork: true

"You should see the line child process started successfully, parent exiting and then the shell prompt again.

Please post the last lines of the configuration file"

that is not happening that is the issue

Thanks for All who tried to help me out i found the error and rectified it. I have wrongly used the IP meant for vagrant environment instead of localhost which is why i couldn’t proceed. Now i rectified and got the output. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hi @nakeeran_Saravanan,

I’m glad your issue got resolved. I’m closing this thread. Please feel free to create a new thread if you have any other doubts.

~ Shubham