Lab 2.3: Queries on Scalar Fields Compass answer not working all the time

The given answer for this appears to be incorrect because the dot-notation key is not in quotes:
{rated: “PG”, awards.nominations: 10}

Also, the quoted filter sometimes does not work on my sandbox cluster in Compass:
{rated: “PG”, “awards.nominations”: 10}

Note1: the find button though coloured green has a no entry sign when hovering with mouse. To run the filter I click on the refresh icon (arrow in a partial circle)
Note2: The filter icon is red

At other times it does work. I don’t rule out operator error but does Compass suffer from memory leaks or is it in some other way flaky?

Hi @Neil_01783,

Your second query is correct. For nested documents, you need to use quotes.

It happens very rarely, so, you can refresh or restart compass to run query correctly. However, most of the times you will be able to run queries correctly.

Please let me know, if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Sonali

Hello, I was busy with this same chapter 2.3 Lab. And this is the third time this happened to me when clicking on find. I am not sure to what causes this. Do you maybe have any tips on finding a solution? I have refreshed and restarted compass. still does the same.

Hi @Erik_74212,

It should not be happening in the newer versions. Can you please share the version of the Compass that you are currently using ?

In addition to that, I will recommend you to do a fresh installation of the Compass.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer