Lab 1.6 (0: NO "authentication failed")

getting the following error

vagrant@database:~$ testsaslauthd -u adam -p password -f /var/run/saslauthd/mux
0: NO “authentication failed”

not able to figure it out…tried many options…

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Madan

Please check your config parameters
There are couple of threads on this
Try to search

I also ran into this issue and read through each existing thread, none of which really address the issue. One mentioned just starting from scratch, which I did, with no luck.

It does seem like another student in the course @Vimalprabhu_35972 ran into this issue today and then withdrew the question, so maybe they figured it out?

Ping works fine:

vagrant@database:~$ ping -c1 infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university
PING infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university (192.168.31.200) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university (192.168.31.200): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.620 ms
vagrant@database:~$ sudo cat /etc/saslauthd.conf 
LDAP Server IP: infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university
LDAP Search Base: ou=Users,dc=mongodb,dc=com
LDAP Search Filter: (cn=%u)

ldapsearch works fine on both machines:

vagrant@database:~$ hostname -f
database.m310.mongodb.university
vagrant@database:~$ ldapsearch -x -b ou=Users,dc=mongodb,dc=com '(cn=*)' -h infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university | grep dn
dn: cn=adam,ou=Users,dc=mongodb,dc=com
[vagrant@infrastructure shared]$ hostname -f
infrastructure.m310.mongodb.university
[vagrant@infrastructure shared]$ ldapsearch -x -b ou=Users,dc=mongodb,dc=com '(cn=*)' | grep dn
dn: cn=adam,ou=Users,dc=mongodb,dc=com

Yes, I withdrew my question. Spent several hours to troubleshoot the issue but could not find where the issue. I saw Lecture:Enabling LDAP, I tried from scratch and it worked. May be I messed up with config settings at initial stage.

@Jeffrey_45001, @ramineni11 - Please watch the Lecture:Enabling LDAP. It helps you to set-up the config file in correct way. 3 things are important. Setting up saslauthd parameter, saslauthd.conf file and its permission. It should work.