Issues with Geographic Visualization

World map not getting displayed even though I have enabled the geographic visualization from Privacy. I could see the widget with zoom in/zoom out options but the co-ordinates are plotted on white BG as opposed to world map

Hi Sumanth_Kumar_97219,

Seems like you are all Zoomed In. Please try to zoom out and wait for some Map to load.
Try restart Compass too.

If you are still unable to see, please share the screenshot so that I can help you better.

Thanks, Kanika

Thank you for getting back on this one. While attempting to restart Compass, I got the below error –

Hi Sumanth_Kumar_97219,

You have run into this known bug: Compass - JavaScript error at startup - “Object has been destroyed”

You might need to reinstall Compass, download it here

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Kanika

1 Like

I re-installed and got below error now. Do you think the port is blocked by firewall?

Could not connect to MongoDB on the provided host and port

Regards,

Sumanth

Port issue got resolved. However, the installing the compass again did not help with the map display for geospatial data. See the screenshot below.

Regards,

Sumanth

Hi Sumanth_Kumar_97219,

Please wait for sometime to mapbox plugin to load.

Kanika

I don’t think it’s that because, I have left the compass for a very long time still it did not load.

Hi Sumanth_Kumar_97219,

Sorry for your experience. Let me raise the issue with the concerned team!

Thanks, Kanika

Sounds good. Because of this I am unable to complete a lab 1.7. I am not sure if this would prevent me from getting to next course.

Hi kanika,

I too had issues with geospatial data in the map. I couldnt drag the map and create filter. Can u help?

Hi ,

Can you please check here?

You just have to press [Shift] + click + drag the mouse to make a selection.

Kanika

No, please continue with the course!
I will let you know about 1.7 Lab.

Kanika

What was the solution to this issue as I am having the same isue where I see the coordinates but not
the map. I will not be able to do the lab 1.7 without the map. Please advise. thanks

If you search returns 1 result, it zooms into that result, which if in the sea, appears as a grey panel, giving the impression that it hasn’t worked.

So look at your results no. and if very low, just zoom out for a while, the rest of the mexico will come into view.

Hi millera,

Make sure you have enabled the plugin using Privacy Settings in Compass.

09%20AM

If you already have, please wait for the plugin to load. If its loading you will see a blank screen, wait for it, it will appear!

Thanks, Kanika

H Kani,
I already have the plugin enabled. I’t is because compass is reaching out to the map service and i am behind a fire wall at work. When i downloaded compass to my personal pc then i saw the map.
I had to put ina request to the security team to allow me to connect to the mongo cluster.

Please, please send me ALL urls that this class will be trying to reach so I can have my help desk enable my pc to reach them. I do not want to ask them one at a time. Their turn around time is about a week which means i would be dead in the water and unable to complete the class.

Thanks,
Andrea

You dont have to reinstall anything.

Just kill all the processes related to this app. Now restart.

Your Welcome :slight_smile:

By any chance, did you use the Ctrl+scroll ?

This shifts the map completely.
check it out.

1 Like

Thanks you this working for me too