Issues on this Chown

Am trying to assign permission to vagrant: vagrant as directed on the lab using CHOWN, I have created directories using SUDO but I can’t even see or assign permission to another user. Please let me know what am not doing right and how to go about it.

thanks
Onyeka

Permissions to what directory? And which lecture?

@007_jb Permission to /var/mongodb/db/ , which happens to belong to root, i want to change it to vagrant, am on M103-1

thanks
Onyeka

This is root --> ls /
I.e. the forward slash is root in Linux.
You are currently in $HOME not root. So what you did initially did is equivalent to ls $HOME

@007_jb Please how can I go about this, below is what i have currently.

thanks

The same way you used sudo to create the dir is the same way you’ll use it to chown.
If you haven’t already, suggest you read up on what sudo does. You might need it again down the line.

@007_jb, Please could you help check this error and guide me on what is causing that cause, it is taking much of my time trying to fix it.

Thanks

Suggest you do what it says here so that you can see the error message on the screen:

Once you fix the problem, remember to uncomment out fork.

@007_jb , after commenting it, it does not seem to be running anything

It still wrote to the log file you specified. You can have a look inside the log file if you know how or comment out the entire systemLog section and try again.