Issue with running vagrant up --provision

I need some help, I do not understand what am i doing wrong? I never used any of this software, so it is all new to me, please can someone explain how to fix this error ? After I run vagrant up --provision I have this error respond Yevgens-MacBook-Air:m103-vagrant-env Eugene$ vagrant up --provision Bringing machine 'mongod-m103' up with 'virtualbox' provider... ==> mongod-m103: Clearing any previously set network interfaces... There was an error while executing VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: [“hostonlyif”, “create”]

Stderr: 0%…
Progress state: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the host-only adapter
VBoxManage: error: VBoxNetAdpCtl: Error while adding new interface: failed to open /dev/vboxnetctl: No such file or directory
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component HostNetworkInterfaceWrap, interface IHostNetworkInterface
VBoxManage: error: Context: “RTEXITCODE handleCreate(HandlerArg *)” at line 94 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp

`

I found the following links when googling your error. They might be helpful.

https://github.com/hashicorp/vagrant/issues/7212

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18149546/vagrant-up-failed-dev-vboxnetctl-no-such-file-or-directory

Sounds like the gist of it might be to uninstall Virtual Box and reinstall it again, making sure you have the latest version.

1 Like

Hi @Yevgen_85240,

Please confirm if secure boot is disabled on your machine.

If not, please follow the below steps to disable secure boot and try provisioning your vagrant again:

• Click simultaneously the shortcut Restart + Shift key.
  • Click Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start-up Settings → Restart.
  • Click repeatedly the F10 key (BIOS setup), before the “Startup Menu” opens.
  • Go to Boot Manager and disable the option Secure Boot. …
  • Save the changes and reboot.

Let us know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,
Muskan
Curriculum Support Engineer