Issue connecting to Jupyter Kernel

Hey all,
Im having issues with connecting to the Jupyter kernel. I can open the Jupyter fine through the shell, then when I open an individual notebook I cannot run anything because I cannot connect to the kernel. I have updated Jupyter already using:
pip install --upgrade jupyter-client jupyter-core

The error from the shell is:
AttributeError: ‘MappingKernelManager’ object has no attribute ‘connect_control’
Kind of stuck here, please advise!

EDIT: Upon further review this seems to be the error:

Hi @Robert_67632,

Please run the below commands and let me know if it helped you.

pip3 install --upgrade --user ipython

pip3 install --upgrade --force jupyter-console

Note: You have to run the commands in sudo if you are using a Linux based operating system.

Hi @Robert_67632,

Thanks for the help @Harshavardhan_PK. :slight_smile: Let me know if it works @Robert_67632.

Kanika

Thank you, I did get a warning about not being a specified path, so I added it.
It looks like it reinstalled a bunch of things and when I run \mflix-python\notebooks>jupyter notebook
I get a “not Implemented Error”

can you send a screenshot of the error?

Hi @Robert_67632,

After googling, one user mentioned the below solution. I am not sure if it will work for you.

upgrade jupyter-core to 4.6.1

Source: https://github.com/jupyter/notebook/issues/4613

Thanks for notifying this. Let me know if it works, then maybe we can fix the requirements file in the project itself.

Kanika

Not able to update at this moment. It looks like an issue with python 3.8 (from the source you provided)
. Is that a requirement for the course? Will I be able to drop down to 3.7 without breaking anything else?

Hi @Robert_67632,

I haven’t tested the project with python 3.8 version yet. Let me do it and get back to you.

Kanika

Hi @Robert_67632,

You are right, the issue is with Python 3.8

This can be fixed by the following steps.

Add the below code at the start of the below-mentioned script in place of import asyncio

File Path: c:\users\robert.riley\appdata\local\continuum\anaconda3\envs\mflix\lib\site-packages\tornado\platform\asyncio.py

code to paste in place of: import asyncio

import sys

if sys.platform == 'win32':
    import asyncio
    asyncio.set_event_loop_policy(asyncio.WindowsSelectorEventLoopPolicy())

Try running jupyter notebook again

Note: If you are not able to find import asyncio in the script, add the mentioned code at Line - 1 of the script

1 Like

Hey guys,
I depreciated python and I had to install a few others, asuncio and bflask are the two I remember. Everything seems to be running fine, for now. I am able to establish a kernel connection with juypter.

1 Like