Introduction: Hi, I'm Jamie!

Hello!

My name is Jamie Langskov and I am the Sr. Community Manager here at MongoDB. In addition to a community leader, I am a mom, a stepmom, a former single mom, a dog mom, a wife, a fantasy/sci-fi fanatic, a recovering MMORPG addict, and tabletop game enthusiast. I was the varsity team captain for my high school softball team. I’m a published poet and a hobbyist artist. I once met Clint Eastwood on a playground.

Prior to MongoDB, I worked on the SAP Community (a business and developer community boasting over 2.8 million users). I’ve also held roles in traditional product marketing and field sales. Turns out, I’m a terrible salesperson. :woman_shrugging:

Today, I’m a passionate advocate of building a more diverse and accessible tech industry (and world!). This passion extends to making our community of builders and dreamers accessible, welcoming, and valuable for all of our members – from students to industry veterans.

I joined MongoDB about 4 months ago (Sept. 2019) and have been working feverishly to get this site ready for you. I’m very much looking forward to working with and getting to know you all.

I invite you to also share a little bit about yourself with your fellow community members. Communities - online or in your local neighborhood - are groups of humans, working together towards common goals. Our community can provide you with opportunities to grow your career, to strengthen your reputation, and to expand your professional network. Thank you for joining us!

4 Likes

@Jamie, happy to read your post and your experience etc.
My name is Muhammad Nabeel Raza from Pakistan :pakistan:. I did my Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering then I cleared the initial test, interview and medical test for AirForce and Navy. After getting Not Recommended from AirForce i did a Big Data Course from a private institute and then i was hired as a Technical Assistant of Big Data and I was the part of Cooperate training of CMPAK Zong (telecom company) after 2 weeks of training I started my professional career from Machine Learning job (in overstock.com). Parallel to that I was also hired on UNDP project(to train almost 500+ students of KPK area). Then after 3 months of doing ML job I switched to Big Data job as Big Data Engineer in HiveWorx Pvt Ltd. And here we are doing a lot of foreign projects.
MongoDB is used in one of the project for which I have to write the API query to fetch data form the DB. I learned a lot from this and still learning. I am also happy to say that this is real a huge and responsive community I have evered seen. I know that when this was on slack channel and that was really tough to manage and now it’s really amazing and easy to track anything. The Community provides different batches to encourage the users to take part in different activities.
Once again happy to be the part of MongoDB Community.
Best Regards,
@Nabeel_Raza

1 Like