Integration with New Relic

I have configured 3rd-party service integration with New Relic with help of this documentation:

Set ID and keys, test connections works ok, but I can’t find any data from Atlas in New Relic.
My cluster tier is M20 type.
Also there is document from NR:

which has a reference of Atlas:

Our integration is compatible with MongoDB v3.0+. MongoDB Atlas is supported for tiers M10 and above.

so I suppose that this dos should work for Atlas, but instructions doesn’t work. They advice to create new role listCollections via MongoDB shell, but I can’t create it with because of error:

MongoDB Enterprise atlas-9n69k4-shard-0:PRIMARY> use admin
switched to db admin
MongoDB Enterprise atlas-9n69k4-shard-0:PRIMARY> db.createRole({
...     role: "listCollections",
...     privileges: [{
...         resource: {db:"",collection:""},
...         actions: ["listCollections"]
...     }],
...     roles: []
... })
2020-06-02T15:40:05.859+0000 E  QUERY    [js] uncaught exception: Error: not authorized on admin to execute command { createRole: "listCollections", privileges: [ { resource: { db: "", collection: "" }, actions: [ "listCollections" ] } ], roles: [], writeConcern: { w: "majority", wtimeout: 600000.0 }, lsid: { id: UUID("b90ffac4-046f-4e4a-b13e-e1de65370a15") }, $clusterTime: { clusterTime: Timestamp(1591112384, 4), signature: { hash: BinData(0, 48EA20F0F871C4EC7887C3BDE628F8BA00400601), keyId: 6807798656247267329 } }, $db: "admin" } :
_getErrorWithCode@src/mongo/shell/utils.js:25:13
DB.prototype.createRole@src/mongo/shell/db.js:1654:15
@(shell):1:1

Any advices?

1 Like

Getting the same issue… Has support ever responded to you about this?

Hi @Alexander_Janckila ,

I cannot speak to why this issue arose 1 year ago, but I can confirm that New Relic is phasing out Plugins support, which is how MongoDB’s integration with New Relic works. This transition has rendered some users unable to view data in New Relic, and the existing MongoDB integration with New Relic will be deprecated on June 16th, 2021. Users of this integration have been notified of its deprecation via email.

I would recommend transitioning to New Relic’s remote-agent based integration with MongoDB, which is actually linked earlier in this thread. This integration is maintained by New Relic, and acts as an alternative to MongoDB’s existing integration. Please ensure that you transition to a new monitoring solution before the June 16th date.

–Julia Oppenheim, Product Manager

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.