Installing the mongo Shell for Windows

In the second chapter he says
"If you’re on Windows, please see the video
for installing the mongo shell on Windows systems. "
But where is this video? I can’t see any link

I can see it: https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/1858111/sp/185811100/playManifest/entryId/1_icam6ow5/format/download/protocol/https/1_icam6ow5.mp4

However, it is not needed - just install by clicking and maybe PATH variable change and it is done. It does not require any special settings or tunning

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Hi @Julia_71896,

I hope you were able to install mongo shell on your Windows machine. If you have any other query then please feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

I have been trying to install the MongoDB shell in my windows 7 machine. But it doesnt complete successfully. The status message: Installing MongoDB Compass... (this may take few minutes) runs persistently. Whats the way round this.

Hi @Binah_67391,

Please have a look at this post. If you have downloaded MSI package then try downloading MongoDB Enterprise Server ZIP package and re install.

If it does not resolve the issue then while installing mongodb on your system uncheck the box which says Install MongoDB Compass and then proceed with the installation.

Hope it helps!

If the issue still persists then please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

Shubham I need your help im not seeing correct option to download mongo db shell,im seeing below option for downloading isit correct or if not can you share the correct one please ,that would be really helpful.

Hi @bharat_53131,

Please go to MongoDB Download Center and select the OS from the dropdown and then click on Download button.

If it does not resolve your issue then please share the exact issue that you are facing while trying to download and setup mongo shell on your system.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

I have tried the same ,but when ever im click on download nothing is happening

Hi @bharat_53131,

Please go to this page and download the MongoDB Enterprise installation package based on your operating system.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan