Installing MongoDb Compass on Amazon Linux 2

Hello everyone,

I would like to install MongoDB Compass on an Amazon Linux 2 instance but I am having some difficulty.

Here are the steps that I took so far and the error message that I am getting

1. Downloaded the Red Hat Enterprise Linux version of MongoDb Compass (https://docs.mongodb.com/compass/master/install)

2. Ran the command sudo yum install mongodb-compass-1.23.0.x86_64.rpm

I am able to get the installer to run but I get the following error message. Public key for mongoldb-compass-1.23.0.x86_64.rpm is not installed

Is MongoDb Compass (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) compatible with Amazon Linux 2?

If so, how do I download a Public Key for MongoDb Compass and where?

Any guidance or assistance on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I don’t believe we sign the Compass RPMs, that’s probably why Amazon Linux is complaining.

Can you try

sudo yum install mongodb-compass-1.23.0.x86_64.rpm --nogpgcheck

if the RPM policy allows it, that will skip verifying the public key.

3 Likes

As a side note, I just tried to install Compass inside the Amazon Linux 2 Docker image and Compass installed with no issues even without the --nogpgcheck flag. I wonder if you have some stricter security policies.

2 Likes

Hi Massimiliano,

Thank you very much for your help on this. I appreciate your quick response. I was able to successfully install MongoDB Compass on my Amazon Linux 2 Workspace. The MongoDB community and customer support has always been extremely knowledgeable, helping a new web developer like me to build cool things with MongoDb.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.