Install Compass question windows

Hello
I have tried install Compass on my work - windows - laptop - installation screen disappears after few seconds without installing , not showing any error message . Please help .

I do have my own chrome book , can i use that for this course ?

Thanks
Raju

1 Like

Hey Raju,
I encountered same issue, while installing on my laptop.
Workaround is download (ZIP) version of compass. Unzip it. Run Compass.exe found in it.
This shall solve your problem.
-AS

Thanks , i am able to run compass now but still not able to connect
Error - Could not connect to MongoDB on the provided host and port

I just checked the firewall check option - http://portquiz.net:27017 its timing out but the text says

Outgoing port tester

This server listens on all TCP ports, allowing you to test any outbound TCP port.

You have reached this page on port 27017 .

Your network allows you to use this port. (Assuming that your network is not doing advanced traffic filtering.)

Network service: unknown
Your outgoing IP: 66.249.66.92

Test a port using a command

$ telnet portquiz.net 27017 Trying … Connected to portquiz.net. Escape character is ‘^]’.

$ nc -v portquiz.net 27017 Connection to portquiz.net 27017 port [tcp/daytime] succeeded!

$ curl portquiz.net:27017 Port 27017 test successful! Your IP: 66.249.66.92

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

@Abdullah_42755Thank you so much for your response. With your instructions, I was able to successfully install this version of Compass which has the “Schema” and “Validation” views.

Thanks,
Nicole :grinning::grinning::grinning:

It could very well be that company settings and policies block the use of this software and its traffic. I suggest you have a friendly chat with your IT team.

Check your firewall settings. You may re test disabling your firewall as well.

Your Welcome D_Nicole