Initial sync fails: recv failed while exhausting cursor

Been trying to add a new member to a working replica set.

Get the following messages:

I  INITSYNC [replication-2] CollectionCloner ns:attachments.attachments.chunks finished cloning with status: Location16465: Error querying collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks :: caused by :: recv failed while exhausting cursor
E  INITSYNC [replication-2] collection clone for 'attachments.attachments.chunks' failed due to Location16465: Error cloning collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks' :: caused by :: Error querying collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks :: caused by :: recv failed while exhausting cursor
W  INITSYNC [replication-2] database 'attachments' (2 of 6) clone failed due to InitialSyncFailure: Location16465: Error cloning collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks' :: caused by :: Error querying collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks :: caused by :: recv failed while exhausting cursor
I  INITSYNC [replication-2] Finished cloning data: InitialSyncFailure: Location16465: Error cloning collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks' :: caused by :: Error querying collection 'attachments.attachments.chunks :: caused by :: recv failed while exhausting cursor. Beginning oplog replay.

All the replica set members are Percona MongoDB v4.2.8-8 and the new one is Percona MongoDB v4.2.9-9
I’ve tried sync from different members with the same result.

Can anybody advise what might be the problem?

Hi @Lauri_Anteploon welcome to the community!

Unfortunately since you’re using Percona’s fork of MongoDB, we can’t really help with the error since we have no idea what Percona did with the fork. That is, chances are it doesn’t work the same way with official MongoDB releases. I would suggest contacting Percona support for this.

Best regards,
Kevin