IDE Does not work in my browser

The web IDE does not work within my organisation. I guessing there is some restriction.

Inspecting the error I see:
WebSocket connection to ‘wss://mide.mongodb.com/environments/connect?course=M001&problem=connect_to_atlas&user=1009851.416d567f9498a2ceefd8504b4de06ccad9873d7573ac607740c2c58be81a4aa6’ failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403
Q @ ide.tsx:120

Possible firewall issue
Did you try from another location?
Close all IDE sessions,clear cache login fresh to University and try
Course instructors can help you if it is issue with IDE

1 Like

Hi @Colin_Blackett,

If it’s a restriction from your end then we wouldn’t be able to help you. Can you try to connect from your home or some other location which doesn’t have such restrictions?

~ Shubham

Thanks for your replies. It’s definitely a restriction in our internal firewalls, do you know what I need to ask our network/security guys a get lifted to allow it? It’s not a browser add-in or is it actually a firewall IP? I’ve tried multiple browsers with same issue.

Hi @Colin_Blackett,

Great question, let me ask the relevant team for more information on this and I will get back to you shortly. Also, did you try to connect from a different network such as your home network?

~ Shubham

Hi @Colin_Blackett ,

I spoke with the relevant team and they mentioned that the IDE uses websockets, which operate over 443 just like HTTPS, so they don’t think it’s a network/firewall issue.

Have you tried using a different device?

~ Shubham