I don't see absolute necessity of Vagrant to learn cluster administration

I don’t see absolute necessity of Vagrant to learn cluster administration. It feels like making things complicated by just creating the dependency and kind of promoting product. I had attended couple of session on older version and they are straight forward open multiple mongod sessions and configure cluster among them using config file. job done

Hi @VenuGopalRajuVejandla,

There are couple of reasons why we use Vagrant and VirtualBox in this course:

• The first is that it’s to sandbox the environment.
  • We wanted to give our learners an environment that they can use without messing with the existing settings on your local machine.
  • All the dependencies are downloaded for you.
  • It also allows us to provide more consistent support for our students throughout the course. If we know that everyone’s running the same operating system, we can more quickly diagnose and solve problems that they are facing.

On a side note, we don’t have any association with either of the product. The courses are purely designed for learning purposes.

Yes, we do understand that and for that reason only we are currently in the process of testing our own In-browser IDE application which will eliminate the need of using Vagrant. It will be introduced in our courses very soon.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

1 Like