I can't connect to the Atlas database with the string!

The connection string does not work:
mongo “mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/aggregations?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0” --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl -u m121 -p aggregations --norc

I get an error 2019-02-… [js] SyntaxError: missing ; before statement @(shell) 1.6

@ William_Hughes_22484

I can’t really tell from your post, but try removing the double-quotes from the string and see if that works. It looks to me as though the tool you used to copy the connection string has replaced the simple double-quotes with “smart quotes”, which are not the same characters as required.

Try that and post back here if you still have an error and I’ll see what I can do. Good luck.

Still not connected. Please help!

@ johnnychien

This may not have been clear in the Global post for the Forum, but since you are not the original student who made this post ( William_Hughes_22484) I can’t really answer both of you in one post, so tacking your problem onto William’s is just confusing and likely to make it more difficult to answer either of you. If you have a problem, please create a new post and I’ll try to help. Thanks.

1 Like

I connected through cmd with this connection String. Thanks.