I am not able to connect the mongo shell with cluster i had created yesterday

above i attached the screenshot of error i am facing while connecting to the cluster

Have you do like indicated.

Please ensure that your IP whitelist allows connections from your network,

inside my network access i allowed all the networks still it’s showing the same error only

Is the user m001-student created with the password m001-mongodb-basics?

Hi @kesavarthini_76003,

Please share the connection string that you are using for connecting to your sandbox cluster. Include the username and password as well.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

mongo “mongodb+srv://cluster1-m13k1.mongodb.net/test” --username m001-student -p test

this is a one i used .

I could access the cluster so it must be something local. May be a firewall issue or something like that. You could try from another location.

but i am able to connect that class cluster with mongo shell, that new one whatever i created that one is not able to connect

if it is firewall issue then how come i am able to connect with that class cluster

Hi @kesavarthini_76003,

I’m able to connect to your cluster using the connection string that you have provided.

What’s the version of your MongoDB shell ?

Can you try to connect using the connection string for 3.4 or earlier version ?

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

hi Shubham Ranjan,
now i tried with that 3.4 version connection string only still it throws the same error, what could i do ?

Hi @kesavarthini_76003,

Please do the following :

1. Connect to the class atlas cluster and share the entire output that you see on the screen.

2. Connect to your sandbox cluster and share the entire output that you see on the screen.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

hi Shubham Ranjan,
here i attached the both the output what i get while enter the connection string.
this is for class cluster

this is for newly created cluster,

I too can connect with the same shell version as you (4.2.3) using the SRV connection string from post #6.

You’re able to connect to the Class Cluster because the db version is 3.6 which uses an older version of TLS/SSL. Your Cluster’s db is 4.2 which uses TLS 1.1+ and from the error you’re experiencing a TLS/SSL issue. So I suspect a couple of potential blockers:

1. VPN - if you’re using a VPN disconnect from it and try again. If you’re not using VPN, use a VPN to connect to the US or Europe and try again.
  2. Proxy + firewall (like @steevej-1495 surmised) - are you using a Corporate network that’s behind a proxy? Also try disabling the firewall temporarily.

NB: Do you mind if I ask which country you’re located? I’ve seen people in certain countries have connection problems. This was why I suggested the use of a VPN.