I already am using Atlas but have a project there with another name can I use it and create a database inside?

I already am using Atlas but have a project there with another name can I use it and create a database for this course inside? I also am already using Compass and have my dbs related to this project there. I ask this, because I CANNOT create another Project. I would be charged for it and charged for creating a second cluster. My other accounts have the same problem, and I would end up losing data I can’t afford to lose! Any feedback would be appreciated as I won’t be able to move forward without an answer. Thanks!

Note: I got my answer in the README.rst. Thanks! Looking forward to this!

1 Like

I assume this would not be a problem as long as you adjust the connection URI accordingly.

Hi @interglobalmedia,

I understand your concern. When you create a new project, you shouldn’t be charged if you select a free tier cluster, as per the instructions in the lab.

Try creating a new project by:

1. clicking on the drop down menu on the top left and selecting New Project
  2. following the screen prompts to name and create project

Then hit “Build a Cluster” at the center of the screen, and if you don’t get the option to select free tier cluster in the following menu please let me know by responding to this post. It would help if you could provide a screenshot where that option doesn’t appear so that I can verify this issue with our support team.

Please let me know if this didn’t work or if you have any additional questions.

The problem is that one cannot have more than one project and each project takes up a cluster. Right now I am trying to shut down the cluster I used for another course (because I could not change the name) in an account I am currently NOT using, but I do not know if I will be successful. Then I will try and create another Cluster with the required name. We shall see!

For anyone else with my issue, I closed my old Cluster and created a new one for the course. I was able to connect to it. So no problem there. But I have another question. My jest config has not been set up properly. I am getting the following error in the console:

Jest encountered an unexpected token

This usually means that you are trying to import a file which Jest cannot parse, e.g. 
it's not plainJavaScript.

By default, if Jest sees a Babel config, it will use that to transform your files, 
ignoring "node_modules".

Here's what you can do:
 • To have some of your "node_modules" files transformed, you can specify a 
custom "transformIgnorePatterns" in your config.
 • If you need a custom transformation specify a "transform" option in your config.
 • If you simply want to mock your non-JS modules (e.g. binary assets) you can 
stub them out with the "moduleNameMapper" config option.

You'll find more details and examples of these config options in the docs:
https://jestjs.io/docs/en/configuration.html

Details:  /Users/mariacam/Development/mflix-js/test/lessons/mongoclient.spec.js:1
({"Object 
<anonymous>":function(module,exports,require,__dirname,__filename,global,jest)    
{import { MongoClient } from "mongodb";

SyntaxError: Unexpected token {

at ScriptTransformer._transformAndBuildScript (node_modules/jest- 
runtime/build/script_transformer.js:403:17)

Test Suites: 1 failed, 1 total
Tests:       0 total
Snapshots:   0 total
Time:        3.793s
Ran all test suites matching /mongoclient/i.
Teardown Mongo Connection
npm ERR! Test failed.  See above for more details.

Are we also supposed to be fixing our jest config here???