HW 2.3 Clarification

My first attempt was incorrect and I wanted to ask a few questions for clarification.

When the requirements specify “documents on any collection” or “all collections in the HR database”, this means excluding the system collections, correct?

Also the MANAGEMENT custom role is asking for a privilege that I believe is already included in the inherited role dbOwner. Do we need to defined the privilege in that case?

When running the following on the admin database my roles look correct when reading them against the criteria of the homework, but I’m still getting an invalid result. db.system.roles.find().pretty(). Could anyone give me some help?

Thanks!

Don’t even bother answering this. I failed the lab. By the time I found the correct action name for managing users for a database I slipped up and used createUser instead of dropUser.

The validation in these labs are not very helpful. In other courses if you get the correct answer there is a key generated, but in the event of a wrong answer there is at least some guidance as to what your answer may be missing.

Hi Lawrence_78384

Sorry you used up your attempts. Yes, I agree the validation doesn’t provide much feedback especially for a problem such as this.

When the requirements specify “documents on any collection” or “all collections in the HR database”, this means excluding the system collections, correct?

Yes

Also the MANAGEMENT custom role is asking for a privilege that I believe is already included in the inherited role dbOwner. Do we need to defined the privilege in that case?

Yes, you need to create the privilege document.

Note you can always create users and test out the roles.

Best

David