How to install on ubuntu?

How can I install Mongo DB on my ubuntu18.04, as shown in the video? It’s very difficult to install, nobody has explained about installation procedure for ubuntu. Would appreciate, if somebody tells me how to install mongo shell on ubuntu as per the video Chapter 2 lecture 3( Chapter 2: The MongoDB Query Language + Atlas Installing the mongo Shell (OSX / Linux) )

Hey @PyDev

Docs are your friend here
https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-ubuntu/#install-mongodb-community-edition-on-ubuntu

Hi @PyDev,

Can you please refer this post and see if this solution works for you or not.

If you still face any issue, please feel free to get back to us.

Happy Learning :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

the link you have provided, downloding .deb file, which can be directly install. But tell me how can I access mongo shell by installing deb file in ubuntu??

But I am not sure how to open mongo shell , if I am installing this way?

Hi @PyDev,

If you go through all the posts in that thread you can see how other users have successfully setup mongo shell on their system using this method. In this process you are required to set the path and then you can launch mongo shell from your terminal. I would recommend you to simply follow the steps and if you get stuck somewhere, feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan

okay, thank you so much. yes I have installed it.

Hi, @Shubham_Ranjan I installed mongo DB on my ubuntu 18.0 as per this link (https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-ubuntu/). But how can I set the mongo dbpath in my ubuntu machine? I was watching the lesson video, but not helpful to me. Can you please tell me , how to set the path for my machine?

Hi @PyDev,

As I can see in your another post, you have already set up mongo shell on your system. If you have any other query please, feel free to get back to us.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan