Hovering over datatype in Compass schema view does nothing

One of the lessons in chapter 1 suggests that if you hover your mouse over the bar over the fields in the schema view would reveal the number of documents that contain that field. Nothing happens when I hover.

@Milton_Rodgers Hey Milton, could you perhaps provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing? Are you seeing no tooltip at all or an empty tooltip?

Thanks,
Mike

No tool tip when I hover over the bar.

I think this feature is deprecated in mongoDB compass. As the videos are recorded earlier in time. So, this can be the reason that hovering over datatype does not show anything.

This is a known issue. Team is working on it.

Kanika

1 Like

That happen to me too at first but apparently Compass was still loading.

It may take a while but at the end the tooltip will work fine.

in my MongoDB compass also, on hovering nothing appears.

I doubt this will work. It’s been open for 3 hours.

Yeah, that’s not right. To me it was matter of minutes.

@Milton_Rodgers Sorry to hear that its not working. I forgot if you already mentioned this, but have you tried just doing a resize of the window? I know sometimes on my MacOS, in some windows the scrollbar gets stuck until I resize which causes a repaint. But maybe it will show the tooltip.

I had the same issue, however I noticed once I close/hide the left side panel the tool tips magical work. Finally, if you open the left side panel again, the tool tip stops working.

4 Likes

I noticed once I close/hide the left side panel the tool tips magical work. Finally, if you open the left side panel again, the tool tip stops working.

1 Like

I was the other way around - left side panel had to be open for tooltips to work.

Once I closed the side panel the feature did work, yay! It also continued to work after I opened the side panel back up.

However, upon changing databases or restarting Compass, the feature (for me) is disabled again. For me, I have to run through the open and close steps again and it works like normal.

1 Like