Homework 2.6: pyKMIP install error

Not able to install PyKMIP.
Running ./setup-hw-2.6.sh on “infrastructure” VM.

[vagrant@infrastructure ~]$ ./shared/setup-hw-2.6.sh
Collecting PyKMIP==0.4.0
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8eae4cc3d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /simple/pykmip/
Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8eae4cc110>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /simple/pykmip/
Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8eae4e0d50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /simple/pykmip/
Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8eae4e0b10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /simple/pykmip/
Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8eae4e0cd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,)’: /simple/pykmip/
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PyKMIP==0.4.0 (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for PyKMIP==0.4.0

Hi kumarsaurabh23

It looks as if PIP isn’t able to make a connection in order to download/install PyKMIP.
I don’t know if you’ve looked into the shell script - but all it’s doing is checking whether it’s running on the infrastructure machine then executing the following:

sudo pip install PyKMIP==0.4.

It may have just been a network error at the time you ran the script. Have You tried rerunning ? Are you behind a firewall ?

Below is a link to PyKIMP installation - there is a link to installing packages - along with some trouble shooting steps.

I would probably first re-provision the infrastructure VM and try again before trying to troubleshoot PIP.

vagrant reload infrastructure --provision

hope that helps,

David

I had a slightly different issue, also resulting in PyPMIP not installing. In my case, the provision script was failing to install pip. I had to edit the script to include --insecure, suchly:

curl https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py -o get-pip.py --insecure
After reprovisioning, the setup-hw-2.6.sh script ran successfully.

Hope that helps …

Thanks David!
I did try the shell command directly before posting, but it gave same error last night.
May be you are right. It could have been network glitch although I am not behind any firewall.
Nevertheless, I used re-provisioning command that you listed for infrastructure VM and after that the set up ran successfully today. Completed the exercise.

@CragGebauer

Thanks for sharing your solution !

@kumarsaurabh23

Glad you were able to get it installed and complete the lab !