Hello, M220JS class of April 2019

I’m Simon from the UK, a fellow student here at M220JS, having previously completed M101 and M121.

I’m a developer with a background in .net and SQL Server, and I’m still relatively new to MongoDB and document databases (as opposed to relational databases). I registered for this course because I’m keen to learn how to get an application talking to a Mongo database, and I’m reasonably comfortable with ES6, Node, NPM and the other stuff in that ecosystem, so in the absence of a .net course, I chose this one over the Python and Java flavours of the course.

I look forward to helping and being helped by my fellow students here :slight_smile:

Anyone else want to introduce themselves?

2 Likes

Hello Simon_39939,

Welcome back to MongoDB University. :slight_smile:
I am Kanika, TA for various courses in MongoDB. I work from Gurgaon (India) location.

Let us know if you need help during the course. Good Luck :+1:

Kanika

Hi there! From Las Vegas, NV :slight_smile:

Relatively new to mongoDB so im glad to have found this course! Looking forward to helping and receiving help.

Hi
I am Olami from Nigeria. i am also new to MongoDB. I do have a problem that really needs attention at the moment. I have not been able to connects to Atlas, with username m220student and password m220password. i tried to run this command as instructed

mongo “mongodb+srv://m220student:m220password@cluster0-yekah.mongodb.net/test”

but i keep getting the following output :

2019-04-12T12:40:30.767+0100 W NETWORK [js] Unable to reach primary for set Cluster0-shard-0
2019-04-12T12:40:30.767+0100 I NETWORK [js] Cannot reach any nodes for set Cluster0-shard-0. Please check network connectivity and the status of the set. This has happened for 8 checks in a row.
2019-04-12T12:40:30.768+0100 E QUERY [js] Error: connect failed to replica set Cluster0-shard-0/cluster0-shard-00-00-yekah.mongodb.net.:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-yekah.mongodb.net.:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-yekah.mongodb.net.:27017 :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:343:13
@(connect):1:6
exception: connect failed

Can you please help me out?

Hi Olami,

I recommend you to go over the README text. I suspect that the second part of your connection string, after the @, isn’t formed well. It is a hunch, I am also quite new to the use of MongoDB Atlas. ;-(

I am able to connect using the same connection string. Make sure your firewall / anti-virus is not blocking request to your atlas cluster.

If you are using office system, then please contact your IT administrator to help.

Kanika

1 Like