🌟 Hello from Arkadiusz Borucki

Hi everyone!
I’m happy to join this new community for MongoDB! I want to introduce myself, my name is Arkadiusz Borucki I’m a Senior NoSQL(MongoDB) DevOps Engineer in Munich, Germany. I work currently for Amadeus IT Group.

I’m MongoDB Certified DBA and MongoDB Master.
You can find me on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/arkadiuszborucki/
and Twitter: https://twitter.com/_Aras_B

Let’s make this new community great !

Thanks,
Arkadiusz Borucki

5 Likes

Hello @Arkadiusz_Borucki
welcome to the community! Happy to see you around, keen on your posts.
Cheers,
Michael

2 Likes

Thank you @michael_hoeller !

Welcome to the forums, @Arkadiusz_Borucki!

2 Likes

thank you very much @Jamie !

1 Like

Welcome @Arkadiusz_Borucki!

Hey, by the way, in your previous experience with devops have you every been involved in database migrations?

I’m trying to figure out a strategy for db migrations with mongo, but my go-to tool “typeorm” does seem to work with it. :confused:

Here’s a link to the thread if you are interested: How To Use TypeORM with MongoDB? - #2 by James_Lynch

1 Like

Hello @James_Lynch

I highly recommend to check out the version pattern. In (very) short: you can have different versions of your document at the same time! The application deals with both at the same time and ideally only outputs the new version. That way you can start a migration without downtime. In some off peak time you can run a program which just moves “old” documents to the “new” version. You do not even need to be done in one go… This is almost the full story, guess you got the idea.

I can recommend the free MongoDB class: M320: Data Modeling
You may also find Building With Patterns: Summary a useful reference.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi

I am interested to complete Mongo DBA Certification.Can you please help and guide me.

Thanks,
Siva
email: sivachintalapati@gmail.com

Hi @Siva_Chintalapati

Sorry for the late answer, Did you see my blog about Mongo DBA Certification?

How to pass C100DBA

BR
Arek