Hello open source projects! During the month of October, let’s do a “Wednesday weigh-in” to see how #hacktoberfest is going for your projects. What’s going on in the codebase? What contributions have you gotten? Are there any issues you’d LOVE to see worked on?
The O-FISH project had a great start to Hacktoberfest. We had a fantastic kickoff meeting, where a brief demo of the apps and their architecture were shown. If you missed the video, you can watch the replay.
Looking to participate? We got you covered with some lovingly hand-picked issues we think you might enjoy:
iOS issues - SwiftUI:
- Can’t escape draft boardings when there are 0 drafts https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-ios/issues/331
- Add a dark mode toggle switch on the profile page and dark theme https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-ios/issues/347
Android issues - Kotlin
- Menu items with “Other” need a text field to type a value into - https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-android/issues/308
- Remove interaction with UI from Kotlin kode. - https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-android/issues/298
Web issues - React / Node.js
- Triangle icon not showing up properly - https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/issues/110
- Officers in the Agency Admin Interface should show up - https://github.com/WildAid/o-fish-web/issues/212
All repos are looking for more testing scripts if you’re into CI/CD work. There are also documentation issues around - we’re not kidding when we say we have something for everyone!
As of right now, we have 103 contributions from 50 different contributors!
iOS had a crashing bug fixed, and needs more work to get dark mode complete.