Getting error while installing the packages from npm using "npm install"

I did each step exactly as instructed in the steps, but while running the command npm install in the root directory of the project, I am getting lots of errors.

and the command stops running any further after this,

I have created cluster and loaded the sample data-set in it, and allowed the the network access as allow access from anywhere.

Any helps?

Thanks,
Atul

Hi @iamaeytee,

Seems the like the downloaded file got corrupted. Can you try removing this whole directory and downloading from the course again?

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Kanika

1 Like

Hi @Kanika,

I already tried that number of times, I tried doing the same by downloading the directory from both the resources Github as well as from the course. Still I am getting the same error again and again.

Atul

Hi @iamaeytee,

Please remove all the directories you currently have for the course, then download the handout file.
Unzip it, and then perform the steps and share the error screens here. Lets debug it, do not worry, we will figure this out! :slight_smile:

Kanika

I fixed it by removing package-lock.json file and then execute again npm install

Hi @Kerepakupai

Yeah it’s working after deleting the package-lock.json file but I want to ask how it’s working after only removing it. Is there any problem with that file?

Thanks,
Atul

Hi @Kanika,

I tried it again as you said but I am still getting the same error. The command npm install is working fine after removing the file package-lock.json as told by @Kerepakupai, what does basically the package-lock.json file do and is there any problem with that which is not letting the command npm install to execute?

Here is the complete log of error.

Regards,
Atul

This link will give you more accurate information than I can describe here:

Kanika

I have the same issue.

I can install npm…

Any helps?..

Hi @Sonia_07035,

Remove the package-lock.json file and then run the command npm install , it will execute and a new package-lock.json will automatically be created in the directory where it was.

Atul.

Hi Atul, finally it worked…after several installations… I don’t know was wrong…at the end…

1 Like