Getting crash on initial sync

Hi,
I’m getting a crash on Android client with error log “The specified table name is already in use”. We could successfully sync our schema without any issues, but after adding some (simple fields on one class) it seems to break.

I am seeing this on 10.0.0-BETA.6 and Beta 5 of the Android library.

It happens after the app tries to get an instance of the synced realm which I’m doing with

SyncConfiguration config = new SyncConfiguration.Builder(user,new ObjectId("some-object-id partition key")).waitForInitialRemoteData()
                .build();

Full error log:

2020-09-04 10:05:34.891 32754-440/com.appid A/REALM_JNI: An exception has been thrown on the sync client thread:
    The specified table name is already in use
    Exception backtrace:
    <backtrace not supported on this platform>
    ---snip---
2020-09-04 10:05:34.904 32754-440/com.appid E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-11
    Process: com.appid, PID: 32754
    io.realm.exceptions.RealmError: An exception has been thrown on the sync client thread:
    The specified table name is already in use
    Exception backtrace:
    <backtrace not supported on this platform>

We found the problem: there was a problem in the rules section for Realm. We were mapping more than one mongodb collection to the same realm collection.

When that was fixed, we could sync again.

1 Like

Diederik - we should have been quicker with a response but glad that you go that resolved in the end anyway. Yes, 1:1 mapping is recommended.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.