Geospatial Charts - Finding More Sample Data

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here might know where I might find more Airbnb data to test out with MongoDB Charts. In the sample data that I currently have, I noticed that there are no suburbs/neighborhoods listed in the sample_airbnb database from the Los Angeles area. I’d like to experiment with data from the L.A. are, as well as with various cites located on the West Coast for fun.

Thanks in advance:-)

Hey @juliettet

I did a little searching and found this

I did a search for Los Angeles. and the listing.csv file looks similar in data structure.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for the link @natac13!

In case this helps anyone… Don’t forget (like I did initially) to include the --headerline tag in your mongoimport connection string if you are importing from a csv file. Specifying --headerline instructs mongoimport to determine the name of the fields using the first line in the CSV file. I had to search my notes from M201: MongoDB Performance to remember how to import a csv file properly.

mongoimport --host <your-host> --ssl --username <your-username> --password <your-password> --authenticationDatabase admin --db <db-name> --collection <collection-name> --type csv --headerline --file listings.csv

Practice === remembering:-)

PS…

I have uploaded the listing.csv file to my m042 cluster and I have noticed that when I try to create a geospatial heat map I do not have the option to choose MEAN from the available list of aggregate commands under the Intensity field (where I have dragged the price field). I’m wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the coordinates latitude and longitude are stored as separate strings, rather than being embedded within an object with a "type" of "Point". I’m wondering if I could, or should, create or add a new field to store the coordinates in order to get this to work, but I’m not sure how to do this in Charts. :slightly_smiling_face: