General suggestion for all Chapters

First let me thanks you all at MongoDB University for the hard work on puting these courses…
I would like to suggest some things

1. Please at first let people know that mongo is full case sensitive… commands, DBs, collections… etc
    I suffer many headache and time loosing up to I found it.

2… On videos tutorial the host’s hand move under the display’s image instead of hover it… this is kind of confusing and distracting

1. I do not want to sound demanding but would you please try to improve your responding time…
    I couldn’t take 2 labs because one lecture I didn’t understood

If anyone out there is reading my words… please if you don’t understand a class do not get stuck on it… continue with the followings as you wait for help, that way you will reduce your chances of failing for not taking them

1 Like

Hey @Jose_20145

I do understand your struggles, as a self taught developer myself. I will say though:

1. Both linux bash and JavaScript/Node.js are case sensitive. And since,

The mongo shell is an interactive JavaScript interface to MongoDB. You can use the mongo shell to query and update data as well as perform administrative operations.

would it not then follow that the mongo shell would also be case sensitive? Maybe it is not obvious; perhaps you are correct that this should be mentioned.

1. It you were able to watch the older videos where the instructor is either just talking or writing things out by hand; I think you would agree that this style is much improved. But that is just my opinion.

2. I am sorry that I did not see your earlier post to get a response to you. However, I am just another student; with most of the support staff located in India, so there is a time difference hurtle. Also this is free so consider that aspect too.
    On that note did you still have any difficulties with the course(s)?

This is good advice not just for these Courses but for life. Do not wait for someone to give you the answers, go find them yourself. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
  1. Requisites for taking this course: “none”
    So I think you have to take than into consideration… there are some people here including me starting from ground cero…

2. I have no doubt as you mentioned videos had been improve… but there’s always space to improve things… Don’t you agree???

3. I found my mistake by looking carefully the video it seems the host clean the collection from one lecture to the next and use the same data as samples…

Just thought this may be of interest.

1 Like

Hi @natac13, thanks a lot for your contributions.

Hi @Jose_20145,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. I have forwarded it to the relevant team and we will definitely take the necessary steps to improve the learning experience of our users.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Support Engineer

1 Like