FYI: CentOS via Parallels , set these settings for your VM

12%20PM
If you do not set the embedded virtualization settings on your VM, vagrant will not load and the labs will not work.
This drove me crazy for about 4-6 hours and figured I’d share it with the discussion.

1 Like

I I think I misunderstood your previous topic :slight_smile:

What is the setup you are trying to do here? Initially I thought whether you were asking whether you could use the same VirtualBox and Vagrant to run some CentOS VMs. Which is fine.

Then I thought you were asking about running VB+V on CentOS, which is also fine.

But now I see Parallels, which is on the Mac… are you trying to go for three layers here? :smiley: Lab inside VB inside Parallels?

Basically … Sorry I wasn’t more clear … I very much apologize.
BTW… Its working great .
As a MAC user, I use Parallels VM’s for everything especially for Labs / study / research , and gravitate to CentOS’s quick ISO for builts (VM in about 5 minute using 2018 MAC Pro 16GB, 1TB HD).
If this is not supported , please let me know .
If I encounter issues, I understand that you folks are not responsible.
I did feel the need to share this with other MAC users because it is not a well documented practice, but works fine if all the settings are configured before you begin .

Thanks again for all your input .

1 Like

I’m glad that it’s all working great!

And it’s totes cool if you’re using a different approach! I used to use Parallels as well, but then the company started pulling moves that I disagree with, so I switched to VMWare Fusion instead. For these labs I still threw VBox and Vagrant on my spare laptop (on MacOS), just to hit the road running.

Now my homelab, that’s something entirely different :wink:

1 Like