FUSE and MongoDB in docker-compose

Hello,

I am trying a simple FUSE passthrough filesystem with docker-compose. I start a docker-compose application where one of the application is MongoDB. I point mongo to the mount point of my FUSE filesystem which basically takes all request to my mount point and executes it on another folder. The error that I get is that permission denied regarding the lock file.

media-mongodb_1 | {“t”:{“$date”:“2020-11-09T18:05:47.046+00:00”},“s”:“E”, “c”:“STORAGE”, “id”:20557, “ctx”:“initandlisten”,“msg”:“DBException in initAndListen, terminating”,“attr”:{“error”:“Location28596: Unable to determine status of lock file in the data directory /data/db: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/data/db/mongod.lock"”}}

If you are not using a supported filesystem expect errors or non-optimal performance.

In this instance the error looks like a permission error. Changing the filesystem to be writeable by mongod will likely remove this error. The uid and gid for mongod is 999.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Error using NFSv3 mount point: Unable to determine status of lock file in the data directory