Failing initial test before running anything

Created virtual env and installed all the dependencies from requirements.txt file. Now when I’m trying to run initial tests as - pytest -m LAB_UNIT_TEST_NAME, I’m getting error -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/_pytest/config.py", line 325, in _getconftestmodules
    return self._path2confmods[path]
KeyError: local('/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/Learn/MongoDB/M220/mflix-python/tests')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/_pytest/config.py", line 356, in _importconftest
    return self._conftestpath2mod[conftestpath]
KeyError: local('/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/Learn/MongoDB/M220/mflix-python/tests/conftest.py')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/_pytest/config.py", line 362, in _importconftest
    mod = conftestpath.pyimport()
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/py/_path/local.py", line 662, in pyimport
    __import__(modname)
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/_pytest/assertion/rewrite.py", line 216, in load_module
    py.builtin.exec_(co, mod.__dict__)
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/Learn/MongoDB/M220/mflix-python/tests/conftest.py", line 2, in <module>
    from mflix.factory import create_app
  File "/Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/Learn/MongoDB/M220/mflix-python/mflix/factory.py", line 6, in <module>
    from flask_bcrypt import Bcrypt
ImportError: No module named 'flask_bcrypt'
ERROR: could not load /Users/aniruddhabarapatre1/Learn/MongoDB/M220/mflix-python/tests/conftest.py

I reinstalled specific version without much help and also tried changing it to from flask.ext.bcrypt import Bcrypt but it gives me same error.

Hi @aniruddhabarapatre

Can you double check that you activated your virtual environment prior to call pytest ? The sequence should be configure the virtual environment, activated the virtual environment, then installed the dependencies and then run the initial tests. This would rule out the library being missing from your virtual environment which appears to be one issue flagged by your error output.

Hope this helps!
Eoin

Which OS you are using Windows or Linux?