Error parsing command line: unrecognised option '--ssl' category:14

This is the output I get anytime I try to connect to the class Atlas cluster.
Screenshot_2019-02-09_23-41-07

Please install MongoDB Enterprise version instead of Community version and install the latest one.

Let me know if it solves the issue.

Kanika

I had that problem on Manjaro so I switched to Ubuntu and now the command line is working fine but the latest version of compass doesn’t work even though I followed the instructions on the doc page. The Ubuntu community says versions 1.15+ doesn’t work so I’m now using version 1.12. It works great for the activities in Chapter 2 except that I’m not able to connect to the class’ cluster in Chapter 1. It give the error Slash in host identifier

Please share the command you are using to connect. Here is the command:

mongo "mongodb://cluster0-shard-00-00-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-01-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017,cluster0-shard-00-02-jxeqq.mongodb.net:27017/video?replicaSet=Cluster0-shard-0" --authenticationDatabase admin --ssl --username m001-student --password m001-mongodb-basics

Please replace the double quotes on terminal as it becomes special character when copied/pasted. Also, you need to run the command from your terminal (outside Mongo shell).

Kanika

Not in the shell but from the GUI interface. Here are the screenshots
Screenshot%20from%202019-02-11%2015-29-07
Screenshot%20from%202019-02-11%2015-28-37

The parameters look great!

Are you using Ubuntu 18.xx ? Please see the reply from Max:

Hi guys,

yes, we received a couple of reports about the issues with Fedora, we’ll look into those ASAP.

The problem with Ubuntu 18.10 is also known. 18.10 includes an update to libc that breaks compatibility with the version of Electron we use up to Compass 1.17. Compass 1.18 will work in Ubuntu 18.10. Expect it to be out (at least in beta) in the next few weeks.

Apologies for the trouble this is causing.

Max

If you are not on this version, please let me know which Ubuntu version and Compass version you are using.

Kanika

I’m using 18.10, Thanks very much for your help.

1 Like