Error in setting up Vagrant environment

I am using a Windows 10 machine running VirtualBox-5.2.26-128414-Win and Vagrant 2.2.6 64-bit. Installation of both tools went well, but when I ran “vagrant up --provision”, here’s what I got:

Vagrant%20error

I had tried the VirtualBox-5.1.38-122592-Win and I got the same result at the point of “Clearing any previously set network interfaces…”

"There was an error while executing VBoxManage, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: [“hostonlyif”, “create”]"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Was VirtualBox installed using admin privileges? And are you running this first vagrant up with admin privileges? I can imagine a normal account missing a few of the required permissions.

Yes I am logged in to my machine with Admin rights. Any other possible cause? I can try to disable the antivirus software or reinstall Vagrant with “run as” administrator.

Please try that.

Also, sometimes restarting your terminal and then running vagrant up solves the issue.

Please let me know. Meanwhile, I will search for a more valid solution.

Kanika

Hi Kanika, the same result even after I restarted the cmd terminal. I am reviewing now your guides and hopefully I can pick up something to get this up and running.

I hope it is not happening to many Windows 10 learners. I cannot find a solution and therefore I cannot continue with the course. I’ll wait for its next offering and hopefully by then, someone has found the cause and the fix.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hi All
i got this below error while running “vagrant provision” , Is vagrant installation is completed? Do I need to reconsider this issue . Please confirm

mongod-m103: + download_dataset
mongod-m103: + echo 'Downloading Dataset'
mongod-m103: Downloading Dataset
mongod-m103: + curl -s https://s3.amazonaws.com/edu-static.mongodb.com/lessons/M103/products.json.tgz -o products.json.tgz

The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.

I only see four lines; that’s not an error message :slight_smile: I think you missed a few lines in your copy/paste.

Hi All,

I am getting below error while starting vagrant.

As the error message states, please install VirtualBox.

Also, check this link for more help:

Let me know if still does not solve the issue.

Kanika